10 Unexpected Reasons to Drink More Water
Water is the second most popular beverage in the United States after soft drinks. Let that sink in for a minute. At Abundant Life Chiropractic, we want to support our clients in overall wellness, and one easy way to improve your health is to drink more water! Here are 10 unexpected reasons you should up your intake of H2O.
Profile of beautiful woman going to drink some water fron plastic bottle after workout
- Fluid Balance- 60% of the body is made of water and drinking enough water maintains the body’s fluid balance, which transports nutrients in the body, regulates body temperature, digests food, and much more.
- Calorie Control- Several studies have found a connection between water consumption and losing weight because water helps people feel full, and as a result consume fewer calories.
- Muscle Fuel- When you sweat, your muscles lose water. When muscles don’t have enough water they get tired, so for extra energy, drink water!
- Clearer Skin- Water flushes out toxins in the body that can cause the skin to inflame, causing clogged pores and acne.
- Kidney Function- Our kidneys process 200 quarts of blood daily, sorting out waste and transporting urine to the bladder. Your kidneys need enough fluid to keep this process going.
- Productivity Boost- A glass of water can help you concentrate and stay refreshed and alert.
- Fatigue Buster- One of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness- drink up and feel energized and refreshed.
- Pain Prevention- Aching joints and muscle cramps and strains can only occur if the body is dehydrated.
- Sickness Fighter- Water can help with decongestion and dehydration, helping the body heal when it’s sick.
- Brain Boost- A study in London found a link between students bringing water into an exam room and better grades, suggesting that drinking water promotes clearer thinking.