Your core muscles are about a lot more than just having a nice looking six pack. These muscles facilitate your body’s movement and house your inner organs. It’s safe to say, your core muscles are a pretty big deal. Here are 5 reasons you should work on strengthening your core:
1. Help prevent injuries. When you develop a strong core, you’ll increase your body’s stability. This will make any exercise or movements you do significantly easier, and you’ll be less prone to injury.
2. Protect your inner organs and central nervous system. Your core not only protects your inner organs and central nervous system, it is where your body’s largest veins and arteries are based. By developing strong core muscles, you’ll help ensure everything stays protected throughout the day.
3. Alleviate back pain. Back pain is often a common side effect of subluxations in the spine and a weak core. Building your core strength will help balance out the front and back of your body, and chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate spinal subluxations.
4. Help improve posture. With a strong core, you’ll be able to stand tall and confident all day long. Your core plays a major role in helping support your spine, so by strengthening it, you’ll be making your mother proud by finally standing up straight.
5. Feel confident in your own skin. By working on strengthening your core, you’ll gain confidence in your appearance. Once you’ve developed core stability, you’ll start to notice other core muscles popping though! Let your goal of achieving a strong core fuel your fitness journey!