Escaping reality for a weekend away is refreshing for the mind, body, and spirit — That’s why we’ve put together a list of 6 of the best weekend getaways for you to take this spring. Grab your partner, friend, family, kids — whoever — and head out the door to make some memories! Here are our 6 picks for destinations to escape to this spring:
1. Archer House River Inn (~45 min)
- Archer House River Inn, located in Northfield, has 36 guest rooms and suites for visitors to enjoy. With its delicious restaurants, beautiful views, and charming surroundings, this inn is a great place to unwind this spring.
2. Northern Rail Traincar Inn (~3 hours)
- Just north of Two Harbors, the Northern Rail Traincar Inn is an incredibly unique lodging experience that the entire family will enjoy. The Inn has 14 charming bed and bath rooms for guests as well as three suites that are authentic, full-sized box cars. Every room has wilderness views and Two Harbors offers several restaurants to meet your dining wishes.
3. Cedar Valley Resort (~2.5 hours)
- Nine log-sided cabins at Cedar Valley Resort accommodate guests as they enjoy endless activities, playgrounds, hiking trails, fishing, biking, kayaking, dining, and more. This is a getaway the entire family will love.
4. Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark (~2.5 hours)
- This resort has an outstanding 35,00 square-foot indoor waterpark, pool, hot tub, arcade, mini golf course, and views of Lake Superior. Pack up the family and head towards the fun!
5. Hawksview (~30 minutes)
- Located in Fountain City, Wisconsin, Hawksview has breathtaking views of the Mississippi River, adorable cottages, and more. Guests can unwind and relax in their cottage, enjoy the gorgeous outdoor spaces, or head into town to visit museums and go shopping!
6. Baker’s Sunset Bay Resort (~3.5 hours)
- This year round resort has views of Lake Delton, a sandy beach for volleyball and other games, rowboats, kayaks, an indoor swimming pool, an outdoor swimming pool, an arcade, restaurants, entertainment, shopping, and more. Escape and unwind!