Morning people are successful people — by starting your day early, you are able to gain a leg up on the competition and see big results in your life. We researched the habits of highly successful people and put together a list for our readers. Check out these 7 habits, stop hitting the snooze button, get out of bed, and go after your dreams!
1. Get Up An Hour Early. Research has shown that early risers are more optimistic, conscientious, and better able to anticipate problems. All of these characteristics are essential in leadership, so while it may take some time to adjust to rising an hour earlier, the payoff is worth it.
2. Eat Breakfast. Breakfast is the best way to fuel and focus your body for the day ahead of you.
3. Get What You Dread Out of the Way. Reprioritize your to-do list and finish your most dreaded task first. You’ll feel a sense of relief once it’s done, and you’ll fly through your more enjoyable tasks with ease.
4. Exercise. Morning workouts give you energy that lasts all day and help you stay on track for a healthy lifestyle. They prove you’re determined, driven, and not afraid of a challenge.
5. Go to Bed Early. Getting the proper amount of sleep is essential to your mental and physical health. If your biorhythms are off, your entire body feels the fall out. Rest up so you can accomplish all of your goals!
6. Set Daily Goals. Slacking off is not an option. Each minute counts, even if it’s set aside for some rest. Have a schedule and goals for your day and stick to them.
7. Practice Stillness. The benefits of meditation and mindfulness for reducing stress and increasing productivity are huge — the most successful people in the world take daily time out to pause and reflect, why shouldn’t you?