Our American lifestyle is a perfect storm that leads to weight gain and obesity in a rising number of people. There are many solutions out there for people who are overweight or obese. Everything to “magic pills” to surgery.
The problem is that most of these “solutions” do not work long term or have major side effects– even if the person is able to lose weight, eventually he or she gains it all back. Unfortunately, in many cases, the person ends up gaining even more weight after the diet than before.
The secret to long term weight loss is hormones. Hormones are the messengers that control everything that happens in the body – metabolism, digestion, inflammation, weight loss, and even our mood!
When the hormones and their receptors are not working well – weight loss will be very difficult.
The major obstacle to healthy hormones is toxicity. We live in a tremendously toxic world – processed food, chemicals, heavy metals, lead, lyme, pesticides, household cleaners, pollution, GMOs, medications, cosmetics, etc.
Our bodies have a natural, built-in detoxification system which helps us eliminate toxins from our body. However, the high level of toxicity that is part of our modern lifestyles often exceeds the detoxification capacity in our body and this is a major factor in weight loss.
[list icon=”arrow-circle-right” font_size=”16″ icon_color=”#ff0000″ text_color=”#000000″ columns=”1″ bottom_margin=”10″]
- The safest place for toxins that our body cannot eliminate on its own is found in the fat cells. Our body innately protects the vital organs, our gut, and nervous system from toxins because they are critical for survival. The fat cells is the best place to store toxins because that is where they will cause the least amount of damage.
- Toxins also attach to the wall of the fat cells. This causes a continuous release of the hormone leptin. Leptin is the hormone that is responsible for letting your brain know that you are full and to stop eating. It also tells your body to burn fat for energy in between meals. When leptin is continuously released, eventually the receptors in your brain burn out, which means you will be constantly hungry.
- High levels of toxins release chemicals known as cytokines. Cytokines add more fuel to the fire by damaging the leptin receptors in the brain.
- Toxicity in the body raises inflammation. When the cells are inflamed, the hormones cannot communicate effectively so this also leads to weight loss resistance.
In order to achieve long-term weight loss – the cellular level must be addressed.[list icon=”check” font_size=”16″ icon_color=”#008000″ text_color=”#000000″ columns=”1″ bottom_margin=”10″]
- Healthy cells = healthy hormone receptors.
- Healthy hormone receptors = hormones working properly.
- Healthy hormones = effortless weight loss.
Here is why detoxification is critical for effective weight loss:[list icon=”check” font_size=”16″ icon_color=”#008000″ text_color=”#000000″ columns=”1″ bottom_margin=”10″]
- Detoxification allows your cells to start working properly, the hormone receptors and the hormones can start doing their job
- Detoxification will help bring down inflammation
- During weight loss, the toxins that have been stored in the fat cells get released into the blood circulation. Proper detoxification helps the body eliminate toxins, so that they are not reabsorbed back into the cells. This allows the fat to come off, and stay off.
There are a million and one ways to lose weight. However, there is the right way and the wrong way. The goal is to lose the weight and keep it off. The goal is to do it quickly and with the least amount of pain. The goal is to do it where your body is healthier after the weight loss than before.
NO MORE NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS – DO SOMETHING THAT WORKS!