The chiropractors at Abundant Life Chiropractic, specialize in treating neck pain and achieving long lasting results. The office director, Dr. Benjamin Knight, has gone through additional specialized training in whiplash treatment, concussion diagnosis and treatment, as well, how to properly manage a auto accident injury.
Some of you may be thinking, well I did not suffer from a whiplash injury or an auto accident injury, but I still have a nagging neck pain. Do not worry, we still offer many solutions for general patients suffering from idiopathic neck pain.
Our doctors specialize in instrument-based, neurological-based chiropractic care. To put it in simple terms, the idea is to do less and achieve more. When we are suffering from daily aches and pains, a lot of times the best answer is not to adjust every area in pain. I know that may sound weird to you, but the truth is, the greatest doctor knows when to adjust, but most importantly when not to adjust. Our chiropractors take a gentle and specific approach to help your body heal as fast as possible.
With neurological-based chiropractic, our chiropractors have gone through advanced training in reading neurological reflexes and knowing when, where and how to adjust a specific spinal misalignment. There is no guess work.
Top 5 things to AVOID to prevent from ongoing aches and pains.
- Texting for extended periods of time. The continual posture from looking down and forward at a phone causes long term structural problems in your neck. Ultimately leading to a whirlwind of symptoms ranging from; headaches, neck pain, shoulder pain, fatigue and irritability.
- Do not wait. Most people wait until the problem has reached an unbearable level of pain. We highly advise against this approach. Especially if you were in an car accident. Research has shown that almost 90% of car accident injuries do not fully surface until 1-2 years after the injury. Our advice, is the take care of your aches and pain while they are still simple.
- Self-assist. A lot of people, specifically men (sorry guys), try to alleviate their pain on their own. Although this may make sense at the time, it is very easy to make things worse when you do not know how severe the injury really is. Seek a chiropractor for professional advice.
- Over-medicating. Be careful not to just cover up the symptom. It is very easy to pop a pill to numb the pain or just knock it out. However, it is only covering up the symptom. When you just cover up the symptom, this allows you to work through the pain and do things that generally could not do. Ultimately, allowing the problem to flare up and get worse. Before you know it, you are taking more and more drugs and the problem is still there.
- Settling for surgery. Surgery is very helpful and very effective in worst case scenarios, but a lot of times it can be avoided when take the appropriate conservative approach. Try the conservative approach first, see if a chiropractor can help you with your pain and agony.
Abundant Life Chiropractic, is your local Chanhassen Chiropractor. They are committed to helping you achieve your health goals. You can call the office at 952.300.8338 or click here to read what our patients are saying about how neurological-based chiropractic changed their lives.